For numerous reasons, 25% of couples getting married choose a destination wedding to exchange their vows. Still undecided as to whether or not you should take your special day to an exotic location? Consider these reasons to say “Yes!” to a destination wedding in the Riviera Maya.
9 Reasons to Say “I Do” in the Riviera Maya
1. Costs Less – Destination weddings, on average, cost $18,500 less than a traditional wedding. With such a tropical fantasy setting as the Riviera Maya, you don’t need to spend a lot on decorations. Wedding expenses in general (catering, music, decor, etc.) are less expensive in the Riviera Maya than in the United States or Canada. Spend that extra cash on a sailing tour or personalized flip flops for the wedding party!
2. More Time – With the celebration spread out over three or four days time instead of being crammed into 5 hours, you will have more time and more fun with your guests. Imagine a day of shopping Playa del Carmen’s famous 5th Avenue with your bridesmaids, or the groom and his buddies playing golf on one of the Riviera Maya’s fabulous courses or even sharing a big family and friends beach day that includes a catered picnic.
3. Less Stress – A destination wedding puts the planning in the hands of a resort or independent wedding coordinator familiar with the area and loaded with experience putting together events in that venue. As one of the most popular wedding destinations, planners and vendors in the Riviera Maya have been making wedding day dreams come true for decades. Being a little further away from the scene helps you to feel less inclined to micromanage and allows you to let the the professional handle it. Also, a destination wedding gives your parents a chance to relax and enjoy the festivities rather than host.
4. Wedding and Honeymoon in One – One fabulous location for your wedding becomes the romantic honeymoon destination as well. It’s also a bonus vacation for your guests! You won’t believe the lists of activities, tours and accommodations that are available in the Mayan Riviera for a week of wedding fun. No matter the ages of your guests, families or couples, there is so much for everyone to enjoy…and lots of romantic things for you to do.
5. More Intimate – The guests who make the time and incur the expense to attend your destination wedding are going to be the ones you are closest to. No fringe friends or relatives, just those who matter most.
6. More Flexibility – With a destination wedding, there are no expectations from guests, no advice from family members or traditions that need to be followed. Make it your own. The options to customize your day in the Riviera Maya are limitless from venues, to entertainment, to ceremonies…do something different, like a Mayan ceremony, that will celebrate your love in a unique way and surprise them all!
7. Awesome Photos – With lush tropical foliage, the azure Caribbean Sea and white sand beaches that stretch for miles, all setting the stage for your wedding celebration, just imagine how amazing those photos are going to look!
8. Perfect Choice for Second Marriages – If you or your betrothed (or both of you) have “been there, done that”, a destination wedding is the perfect way to make it feel like the first time, especially if one or both of you have children. A destination wedding/family vacation is an exciting way for blended families to begin their lives together.
9. Your wedding will be the one they talk about for years to come.
Get more information about Riviera Maya destination weddings with our FREE wedding planning guide.
- Quarter of a million couples will become engaged on Valentine's Day. If you are one of the lucky ones and are now thinking about your wedding day, think about having a destination wedding. If you were married on Valentine's Day, think about a vow renewal for 2014 in the Riviera Maya. A destination wedding for…
- We have been talking about passion for the last few weeks, and have forgotten about the greatest passion of all, the wedding. Whether you are having you first wedding, a vow renewal ceremony, a second marriage or exchanging vows, destination weddings are the greatest expression of passion a couple can share with friends and family.…