Posted February 1, 2013 by Kay Walten in Riviera Maya Destinations
We are torn, it is love at the beach in the Riviera Maya or is it loving the beach in the Riviera Maya. We admit it is both as we love, love, love the beaches in the Riviera Maya and know that there is always love at the beach in the Riviera Maya.
February is the month of love, and love can mean many different things to different people. Instead of pinpointing one February love we looked at all of the lovin’ that is had at our front doorstep, and believe you me there is a lot of lovin’!
What makes the Riviera Maya so unique is this diversity. The love that people find, bring, experience or share is as diverse as the landscape, activities and vacation options in the area. What we also love is that each definition of love is accepted. No one is here to judge, no one is here to comment, no one is here to share their opinion. What we all have in common is the celebration of how you decide to share your lovin’ on your vacation or the activity that brings on that great lovin’ feeling!
1. Destination weddings – On any day, on any beach, you will witness the exchange of vows on a beach in the Riviera Maya. Whether it be a legal ceremony, a cultural shaman ceremony, or just an exchange of words with your friends and family as witnesses, the Riviera Maya is the top spot for destination weddings. It is a pleasure to witness this expression of love between two people who choose the beach to exchange their vows. Whether it be at a resort, on a secluded beach or a top the Tulum ruins overlooking the ocean, destination weddings are a joy, and joy to watch!
2. Together time – With daily demands at home and the world moving faster and faster with the onset of technology, very seldom do we get together time anymore. Together time is down time where you can just be, where you can share space and time without any interruptions. The beach is a great place to do this and you will find that the sun, the sand, and the waves are the perfect back drop for your together time with a spouse, a partner, your bff or a family member. Who ever you choice to have together time with, getting away from your routine really provides some quality time with that special person.
3. Appreciation vacations – we love these vacations where you plan a vacation as an appreciation for someone. This could be a group of people or just one person. The motivation is to take some time out to appreciate those who are close to you, those who do nice things for you or those who have been supportive of a life event or just the daily grind. Appreciation goes a long way and what a better way to do than to share in a unique experience where you can build long-lasting memories.
4. Family vacations – With the global economy displacing family members all over the continent or the world, a family inspired vacation is a nice way to get everyone together in one place, at one time without one family member taking on the burden of having to cook, clean and house a large family gathering. Pick a hotel or villa, and get those invites out there so you can spend a week or just a few days of good quality family time. If you are all traveling out of the same airport (oh how lucky you are) inquire about group discount airline tickets for that large family gatherings.
5. Alone time – This may be a strange idea for some but alone time can be the greatest expression of love to everyone around you! Taking a time out, a weekend, a week or in some cases a few weeks, can be the best break anyone can give to themselves and others. What we love about the Riviera Maya is that you can travel on your own, easily, inexpensively and without worry. Single female travelers come to the Riviera Maya all the time as they know that solo traveling is an acceptable and ordinary practice in the area. Single male travelers also find ways to have great adventures and find travel mates if you find the alone time gets too much. You will feel refreshed and alive when you return home ready to tackle the world!
6. Love at first sight - we hear these stories all the time. People have found their soul mates while vacationing in the Riviera Maya! True, true and all true. Though we hate to name names, a month does not go by without hearing a great love at first sight story that happened on a beach in the Riviera Maya. Just this week someone extended their vacation to spend time with someone who they met. what amazes us is that these fairy tales really do turn into real relationships that last. We get invites to weddings where couples come back to the place where they met to get married and celebrate the place where they found love. We don’t know what it is about the Riviera Maya but there seems to be some special energy here that just puts the right people in the right places at the right time.
7. Adventure travel – adventure travel whether it be through diving, snorkeling, cultural experiences or just something new to you is a great expression of love for the local culture in the Riviera Maya. What makes this area so much fun is the different things you can do to support your need for new and learn about another way of life. This is a wonderful expression of love, for your own being and the local culture that loves to share what they do everyday. Adventure is a love for the unknown, the new and the challenging. Give yourself some lovin’ and those traveling with you and open up your hearts to something new and different!
Love is not just about romantic love, or destination weddings. Love reaches way beyond that as a passion, a need, a feeling, and an experience. That experience can be with others or it can be alone. What we do know, is the beach, the sun and the waves seem to bring out that feeling of love in some unique and interesting ways. The Riviera Maya seems to pull love out of us, makes us smile and keeps us happy. Love is pleasure and we can guarantee that you will find pleasure while in the Riviera Maya! Just take a look at our photos of the area and tell us if you could not find pleasure, and love sitting on a beach in the Riviera Maya.
Riviera Maya Activities (214)
Mexican Art (61)
Community Organizations (26)
Mexican Culture (175)
Mexico Destinations (124)
Family vacations (96)
Food & Drink (227)
Guest Bloggers (20)
Riviera Maya Photos (304)
Riviera Maya events (78)
Riviera Maya Services (62)
Sustainable Tourism (112)
Vacation tips (56)
Destination Weddings (30)
Costa Maya (12)
Loco Adventures (42)
Mayan Ruins (37)
Riviera Maya Destinations (241)
Community Announcements (20)
Mexican Recipes (32)
Riviera Maya Restaurants (71)
Mindful Traveler (49)
Yucatan Activities (44)
Riviera Maya Vacation Tips (138)
Mexico Vacation Tips (163)
Restaurant Reviews (8)
Interview with a Local (15)
"LocoGringo.com books total trip packages and I recommend LG to all my friends and even to strangers I hear talking about going to Mexico!!"
"I had contacted you before I left for my first trip to Mexico and all of your recommendations were spot on. I started in Playa Del Carmen and worked my way to Tulum. I had only expected to stay 2 nights there and instead wound up staying for a week-and that still was not nearly enough time. Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks! I will be checking in with you guys as I am tring to plan a trip to Holbox next. That place looks amazing!"
--Louis Skip Gonzalez, Unidos Magazine
"We usually need reservations for 2 to 4 people but for 2 years we needed reservations for 7 to 9 people, adults and kids and they have always done a flawless job in getting the resort we wanted and at the best price too!!"
"Not sure if we will be returning next summer, but will definitely let you know if we are, as Loco Gringo is the ONLY way to go for us!"
--Lesley P., Texas
"...for your patience with me and making this process go soooo much smoother! I truly appreciate you and the staff at LocoGringo. Thanks again! I can't wait to be sitting on the beach!
Maggie in Colorado"
"What an amazing company Locogringo is. Every silly question I have.... they answer , If something comes up like a travel day change, adding more people, or whatever it might be... you get a response from a real person ... who seems to love what they do . That is hard to find these days and I really appreciate that."
"I have booked most of my Mayan Riviera trips through Loco Gringo and can only say I wouldn't even consider using anyone else to handle my bookings for stays in that area.
Their booking process is simple, fast and friendly, and they will answer your questions and queries until you are completely satisfied that every single detail has been taken care of.
Who else would know the area better than folks who live and work right there? Try to get that level of expertise and knowledge with a booking agent who lives and works several hundred, or even thousands of miles away.
Not only that, but they are genuinely nice people as well, who really care for their customers and the community and area that they call home
Keep up the great work Loco Gringo!!"
"Both in 2011 and this year we have booked our room through Locogringo.com. We searched and found a great rate at the resort we wanted, and then Locogringo met that price, and with their booking came their amazing customer service and the peace of mind that if we need anything while we are there we simply need to call. I always get a fast turnaround on any email I send them, and they work so hard to find us the best rates and the rooms we want. We hope to have a long relationship with them, and recommend their site to everyone we know."
--Tim A and Teri A, Salem, UT
"A company made up mostly of American Expats living in the Riviera Maya with a booking list of many hundreds of properties. Big enough to know each property intimately and small enough to know each customer personally. A level of service simply impossible for the giant companies to provide.
--Jim T., Colorado
"We have been Booking our Riviera Maya vacations from Loco Gringo since 2005. Always Great communication, helpful tips and quick responses to our questions. They were especially helpful when Hurricane Wilma hit and put a stop to our Vacation plans. They made sure we knew about the weather situation and did all the work with re-booking our vacation in Paradise!"
"Go to the home page or check the forum."
"I just wanted to take a moment to say THANK YOU! The trip we booked through Loco Gringo was perfect! The price was exceptionally good and the service was second to none! If you’ve never booked with Loco Gringo before, we *highly* recommend them!"
""I was soooo delighted with the Loco Gringo services. Everything was trouble free and all my questions were always answered promptly. Thanks for a GREAT trouble free vacation!""
"Loco Gringo has an AWESOME website with great info, it is lots of fun to visit, be sure to join their forums. The forums hold more information and trip reports than you can 'shake a stick at'!"
"and for the past five years we have used Loco Gringo for every reservation, I'm sorry that we did not find them sooner.
I have been searching Loco Gringo for all these years and one thing I have not yet found ........... someone who is not fabulous to work with. Great people, great owners and a great way to run a business."
--K & DB, Outer Banks, NC,
"Thanks for everything you have done with Locogringo… the site is great and your staff has been nothing short of incredible when it comes to helping us plan our trips. Maybe we’ll run into you on one of your walks some day."
"Loco Gringos is the VERY BEST booking site I have ever worked with. They respond to emails promptly, work hard to honor special requests, answer questions etc. They ALWAYS take great care of their customers and are conscientious and professional at all times. We have booked 8 trips with this company and NEVER hesitate to use them or recommend them when traveling to the Riviera Maya."
"Now is a great time to tell you how wonderful you and your staff are at making it so easy to find and book the best vacations, THANK YOU !"
--Joyce & Hugh,
"I would recommend Locogringo to everyone I know. It is such a great service that they provide from researching and booking the perfect place to stay to finding all the needs you could possibly want during your stay. Thanks Locogringo."
"It is like having a friend make your reservations for you .... we always feel comfortable knowing LG will be in charge of our arrangements because they know the area first hand, they live there ..... you ask a question and they answer it with good humor and great knowledge of what they speak. I will always recommend Loco Gringo in a heart beat!"
"People who “live the area” will want to make sure you enjoy your vacation and come back again!"
"She & her new Husband had a fantastic hassle free trip. This was their very first time to Mexico and her comment upon return was " Dad, 7 days is NOT enough time ! " Super job, LG."
--Bernie in Denver,
"We spent a lot of our time sitting on the second floor porch with our feet propped on the railing just staring at the water. Coming home was hard this year..Staying for two weeks still wasn't long enough."
"You always recommend amazing accommodations and we are always comfortable and feel safe. Your staff does a fantastic job at making our vacation each year a ” hassle free ” experience ! All we have to do is ” show up ” and the rest is already taken care of. We will continue in future to use LocoGringo and also continue as we have done already, to highly recommend your company to anyone we know that is planning a vacation."
--Nancy & Bill, Toronto, Canada
"So here is a GREAT BIG TEXAS THANK YOU TO LOCO GRINGO for all the awesome, fantastic vacations in Paradise."
"All our Riviera Maya trips have been booked using LocoGringo. We love their service."
"I will be bragging about your site to any and all who will listen. Our experience was phenomenal!!!"
"When we use LG to book a trip we get immediate help with all of our questions in a very timely way by people who know what they are talking about and are extremely helpful, patient, knowledgeable, and congenial. They really get how to do customer service.
Once we book through LG we never have to worry about any of it again. We are always amazed at how smooth and trouble free our bookings through LG have been."
--K.B., Fort Worth, TX
"And their amazing website is one of the main reasons we started going regularly to the Riviera Maya and especially Akumal. No other place around the Caribbean has nearly as good a web presence as LG has given this area."
--Dan, St. Louis MO,
"It's a great comfort to visit the Riviera Maya and know that Loco Gringo is there to help, if needed. "
--Bryan in IN,
"quick and informative replies from Bart ( thanks Bart) , easy booking procedure plus online management of your booking . I am highly impressed."
--Theressa - Middlesex U.K.,
* Denotes A Required Field
How much are you thinking about spending?