29 Jul 2022
Construction of a new bridge into the Cancun International airport has begun. Here's what's going to happen and how it may affect traffic for travelers.
What's Going To Happen:
- The current bridge will remain open to traffic until the construction of the new bridge is completed.
- The entry lanes to the airport from the city of Cancun (north-south circulation) are not altered. Likewise, the exit from the airport to Puerto Morelos, Playa del Carmen, Puerto Aventuras, Akumal, Soliman Bay, Tulum, and southbound destinations is not altered either.
- The 4 loops that make up the trefoil will be closed to circulation to allow construction works.
How Will This Affect My Trip:
Work has already started on the 307 on the way from the airport to Cancun. This involves the demolition and construction of the bridge to the airport. Arrival traffic headed south of the airport should not be affected. However, travelers headed north to the airport (Tulum, Akumal, Playa Del Carmen, and Puerto Morelos) should expect detours and delays on their way back to the airport.
- Vehicles coming from the south will be detoured into the Cancun Hote Zone and make a U-turn back into the airport.
- Depending on the time of the day and day of the week transportation services will update pick-up times from Akumal accordingly.
- Asses 2 to 3 hours pick-ups to ensure travelers are at the airport at least 2 hours prior to their departure. Changes in the time requested by travelers will be their responsibility.
Contact Locogringo for more information and details to ensure your return to the airport is planned in a timely fashion.