21 Jul 2017
Everyone cannot seem to leave home without their trusty cell phone. We have a few tips for you in regards to your phone while you are your beach vacation in the Riviera Maya.
1. Prevent any surprise cell phone bills when you get home from vacation. Contact your cell phone company about a Mexico or international calling plan, data plan and know if you have restrictions on the number of text messages you can receive.
2. Turn data roaming off in your phone settings while on vacation. This will prevent data roaming charges from racking up without your knowledge, such as downloading your email automatically, Facebook notifications.
3. Ask your cell carrier how to check your voice mail while traveling in Mexico. You may need a PIN, or access code.
4. Cell phones, when coming in from the heat and humidity into a cool room be careful. The change in temps can create moisture on and in your cell phone and ruin it. Store your cell phone in a un-air conditioned room at the hotel like the bathroom and keep any doors to air-conditioned areas closed.
5. When you get home contact your carrier and cancel any international calling or data plans you enrolled in. From experience you can call ATT& T tell the when you returned and if you had forgotten to discontinue the service they will refund you.
Many of the major cell phone carriers have maps and information on international calling.
Call us at 1-800-478-0081 and we will help you find vacation rentals that offer internet services so you can use Skype, FaceTime, Whatsapp or any other of your preferred VOIP phone service, so you can avoid big cell phone bills when you get home, while at the same time staying in touch with the ones you love.