Rain, rain go away. Come again another day…after our Riviera Maya vacation. Travelers agree, rain is a top buzz kill while on a beach vacation. On the other hand, it could be just what you need. A rainy vacation day forces us to slow down and actually rest our bodies. Ziplining, kayaking, snorkeling, hiking - it’s no wonder we need a vacation when we get home from our vacation! However, if you just can’t use this opportunity to nap in a hammock or curl up with a good book, here are some rainy day activities that may turn out to be some of your best vacation memories.
1. Get a hot stone massage at Think Organik Spa in Puerto Aventuras. “…a scented massage every day is the way to good health.” – Hippocrates, 4th century B.C. Who are we to argue with the great philosopher?
2. Explore the underground caves at Rio Secreto. No matter the weather above ground, the seemingly fantastical, subterranean world at Rio Secreto is always quiet, clear and peaceful.
3. Get in touch with your inner Kahlo or Rivera by taking an art class at Cristi Fer Art Studio in Playa del Carmen, where you can create your own original souvenir.
4. Relax your mind and stretch your body with a yoga class. If the little bit of stretching you do when you wake up in the morning feels good, imagine what an entire hour of full body stretching would do for you. Chances are, you will still feel the benefits even after you return home.
5. Take a cooking class at the The Little Mexican Cooking School in Puerto Morelos, where you will learn about Mexican and Yucatecan cuisine and indulge in delicious food. Go ahead, have another empanada – you won’t be wearing your bathing suit today.
6. Grab a cozy spot in one of Playa del Carmen’s many cafes on 5th Ave. and people watch. You can get a full week of cinema-like entertainment (drama, comedy, horror) in a couple of hours, for free!
7. Ice down a bucket of cervezas and watch the storm roll in over the water. Once you are home, you may be surprised to find this was your most cherished vacation moment.
Photo courtesy of mexicoatlast.blogspot.mx
- The summer is a great time of year to vacation in places such as Playa del Carmen, Tulum and Akumal. Summers in the Riviera Maya give you the opportunity to have the beach pretty much to yourself, you can scoop up a fabulous vacation rental deals and with school out your family's vacation schedule has…
- Passionate about food and drink pairings? Friday nights at Co.Cos Culinary School in Playa del Carmen you can take a class learning to mix and match great cocktails and delicious appetizers. Impress your friends with a classy cocktail party using the new kitchen skills brought home from your Riviera Maya vacation. Check out some of…
- Insulated totes are a must for any beach vacation, but strangely enough, a lot of vacation rentals do not provide them, leaving you to bring your own. And these days, with luggage space almost as valuable as real estate, you hate to put one more item on your packing list. Insulated coolers make great carry…