Safari Caribbean Style
The Sian Kaan Biosphere is 1.6 million acres and is recognized by the UNESCO program "Man and the Biosphere" with three aims: conservation, research and promoting sustainable development. This tour will give you great insights into the biodiversity of the biosphere. It is a unique experience surrounded by the natural beauty of the area. "The first time we saw dolphins in the wild off the coast of Punta Allen it was like being on safari! Everyone keep your eyes peeled for the dorsal fin popping up out of the water. This small-group tour offers an intimate nature excursion. Some of the largest Loggerhead sea turtles we have ever seen are spotted around Punta Allen. Waterfowl of many varieties nest within the mangrove islands. Look for a Boat-billed Heron which is a beautiful bird and is indigenous to Mexico, Peru and Brazil. A magical day for all." - Kay Walten, CEO Loco Gringo.
- 10 hours. Every Sun., Tues., and Thurs.
- People 6 yrs. old +
- 7:00-8:00 AM Pick up at your Riviera Maya vacation rentals
- Drive 40 minutes along the coastal jungle to the awaiting boat.
- Drive among coastal jungle 30 minutes until reaching our boat to continue our journey by water.
- The journey continues by boat.
- Explore Ascension Bay (visit some colonies of nesting birds such as frigates, spoonbills, egrets, herons and more, learn about the importance of mangroves, look for sea turtles, sea stars, dolphins and more)
- Explore the Boca Paila Lagoon and the point where it connects with the Caribbean Sea (explanation of the ecology and history of the area, see the water springs and possibly manatees and snorkel in the reef.
- Arrive by boat to Punta Allen to enjoy a delicious Caribbean lunch and enjoy free time to walk or relax Caribbean style.
- 6:30-7:00 pm: drop off at your hotel
The tour includes:
- Transportation in Air-Conditioned Van with cooler (fruit, water, snacks)
- Entrance fees to the reserve
- Professional guidance
- Boat with snorkel equipment (mask, snorkel and fins)
- Lunch and non-alcoholic drinks
- The trip is 10-11 hours.
$175 USD per person*
*Transportation surcharge may apply, depending on where your vacation rental is located for the pick-up.
Prices are subject to change without notice.
Not recommended for pregnant women.
Good advice from our concierge:
''Remember to bring a hat and sunscreen. Use restrooms before getting in the boat, there is no "head".''
Contact Concierge for more info!