The Place of Renewal
Experience the pampering care of ancient Maya practices that revitalize your inner-self in union with nature.
Fresh water, ha in Maya, is only found in underground rivers and caved cenotes, or water sinkholes in the Yucatan. This pure cenote water, sacred to the Maya, is used in all Yaxkin Spa treatments for its natural nourishing energy and rich mineral content.
Ancient Maya were intimately connected with the natural balance of the environment, and we are committed to restore this tradition in today's Maya rural society. Yaxkin Spa donates 10% of its profits to the environmental protection and animal welfare efforts of the Maya Nature Conservation Program, directed by Mr. Bruce A. Gordon in Chichen Itza. This program has already reforested the area with over two thousand native hardwood trees and has vigilantly kept illegal hunting of endangered animal species in the area.
- Yaxkin- Stress Relief Maya Ritual & Spa Treatment
- Ancient Maya performed body beautification rituals with meditation periods to awaken the pure essence of the self. Yaxkin complete Stress Relief Ritual is filled with lavish details to prepare you for such beautification and personal awakening. This ritual invites you to relax with aromas, oils, and Mayan crystals salts. Experience a deluxe nourishing coconut paste smooth your body as it is wrapped in banana leafs. A flower petal feet-bath will enhance the beauty and harmony of your moment in paradise. As a final touch, you will be let into a meditation garden where Mother Nature will fill your senses with a renew zest and enchanting glow.
¤ We offer two sessions: Complete ritual lasts 90 minutes. Prolonged session lasts 2 hours.
- Sasil Tun- Sacred Maya Hot Stone Spa Massage
- Since ancient times, Mayan shamans have believed that jade and quartz are sacred due to their metaphysical properties, purifying qualities, and energy benefits. Our hot stone massage therapy, Sasil tun, combines the vigorous healing energy accumulated in hot stones with aromatic oils. This ritual will ensure the release of tension, anxiety, and the toxins these emotions create by renewing the energy of the body and mind. Once each stone is used, it is then cleansed, purified, and placed on Maya sacred ground to renew its pure energy flow.
¤ Ritual lasts 90 minutes.
- Luch Kab- Deluxe Tropical Facial and Spa Treatment
- Personalized to each unique skin's needs, Luch-kab ritual is designed to help release stress and facial tension while nourishing your skin. A variety of fresh cucumber, yogurt, papaya and other natural ingredients are among the various elements used to help refresh and renew the skin's natural beauty. Relax and enjoy the pampering experience of this ritual as sacred gemstones and light therapy enhance your inner peace.
¤ Ritual lasts 45 minutes.
- Kakaw- Maya Cocoa Bliss / Full-Body Spa Treatment
- Long before the Aztecs, the Maya raised cacao. To them cocoa was a sacred food of the Gods, due to its sensual aroma, luxurious oils, and invigorating qualities. At Yaxkin Spa you will experience a warm raw sugar and cacao butter massage to invigorate the energy flow in your body as your mind smoothes into a relaxing state. Then your body will be gently brushed with the finest chocolate and coconut oil to create a cocoon-like sensation, during which you will enjoy for a few minutes of relaxing peace. Your cocoon will be lifted with warm linens leaving you ready for a purifying mist of wild Mayan flowers.
¤ Ritual lasts 90 minutes. Did you know?.. Dr. David Stuart was the first to decipher the Maya glyph for kakaw (ka-ka-wa), or cocoa. The glyph is found in many Maya ceremonial vessels.
- Nicte ha- Deep hair and facial Spa treatment and Maya ritual
- Experience the mystical power of Mayan traditions and beauty rituals as you relax in our tropical garden listening to bird songs with joy. Nicte ha is a ritual especially created to restore the moisture, silkiness, and shine of hair. This treatment is extremely beneficial to hair exposed to salt water, chlorine, and/or hair coloring by restoring the pH balance of your hair. The natural therapeutic advantages of Aloe Vera, Mayan herbs, and avocado will invigorate and stimulate the scalp and hair health. A relaxing scalp and facial massage follow by a light Mayan herbal mask, and chamomile eye pads, are an integral part of this refreshing and pampering ritual.
¤ Ritual lasts 30 to 45 minutes.
- Pakal- Ritual Royal Maya ritual & Spa treatment for the upper body
- Pampering beauty ritual created for Maya kings to release the negative energies of stress and fatigue. It includes shoulder, neck, and scalp massages; plus, a deluxe facial care treatment rooted in sacred Maya healing practices. Natural therapeutic elements are used to stimulate the senses, such as aromatherapy, essential oils of fruits & flowers, combined with the healing power of touch and cenote water. This relaxing and purifying ritual will regenerate your peaceful energy and beauty.
¤ Ritual lasts 50 minutes.
- Pepen- Ritual Beauty Spa treatment for the hands and arms
- The Maya word for butterfly is "pepen" the perfect name for this ritual of grace and beauty. Designed to highlight the hands and elbows' smooth elegance, this ritual starts by applying a fresh mixture of aloe vera, raw sugar, and salts to your elbows, lower arms, and hands; follow by a gently massage and scrub with natural sisal pads to exfoliate the skin. A deep moisturizing herbal wrap will then be applied to nurture the skin and regenerate its softness; the ritual ends with a delicate manicure and nail polish gloss.
¤ Ritual lasts 45 minutes.
- Su'uk- Ritual Royal Maya spa treatment for the lower legs
- We will bath your feet in lavish cenote mineral water with Maya herbs and flower petals for you to enjoy the nutrients of Mother Nature. A sisal scrub and a ciricote leaf exfoliation will restore the natural beauty of your skin. A soothing knee-to-toe reflexology massage will be followed by a rich moisturizing herbal mask sure to release fatigue. Your feet will rest in a Maya batea, filled with cenote warm water and a bed of hot stones, which will regenerate your whole being. As a final touch, a deluxe Spa pedicure will grace your revitalized feet.
¤ Ritual lasts 50 minutes.
- Kukulcan- Maya God Holistic Ceremony & Personal Renewal Spa Treatment
- The supreme Maya Spa therapy created to renew your spirit; clean and invigorate your body; and restore the equilibrium and serenity of your mind; thus, bringing into physical manifestation the true nature of your spirit. This holistic ceremony will align the energies of earth, water, fire, and air in you. Anointing the body with Xunan Kab royal pure honey, delicately mixed in a sacred Maya clay body wrap, the healer will unblock your energy flow with a gentle facial, aromatherapy, reflexology, Maya crystal and gemstone therapy. Full-body (earth & water), mind (fire), and spirit (air) alignment and energy treatment.
Deluxe Spa Treatment rooted in Holistic Maya Rituals.
¤ Ritual lasts 90 minutes. Did you know?.. Since ancient times, Maya J'Meen, elder healing practitioners, have used organic Xunan kab, or royal Meliponine bee honey, as sacred essential healing and restorative substance.
- Ya ha- A Gift of Love Ceremony
- The perfect Spa experience for couples to experience a unique spiritual encounter with themselves and nature. Ya-ha ceremony is a private inner journey of giving and receiving; an experience to learn how to manifest love by indulging in touch, beauty, and grace. Our healer's lessons to breathe, listen, touch, and feel are valuable gifts of love expressed in this precious aromatherapy, reflexology, and massage ceremony. Ya-ha culminates with an inviting sacred cenote water bath to enhance the couple's gentle energy, communion, and love. The art of loving, the ultimate Spa experience for couples, based on ancient holistic rituals.
¤ Complete ritual lasts 90 minutes. Couples may add a 20 minutes open-air bath.
- Ixchel- Bridal Beauty Spa Ceremony
- Since ancient timers, the Maya wedding ceremony has been a sacred and spiritual event in a couple's life. In order to prepare for such an important event, the couple undergoes many spiritual and physical activities filled with mystical sights, sounds, and smells. Ixchel bridal ceremony caters to the bride's emotions and beauty needs. A gentle massage with handmade clay spheres, filled with essential oils are rubbed through out the legs, back, and shoulders, as the clay releases the oils due to the warm body friction, the body relaxes and is ready for the next step. A body wrap with the rich nourishing elements found in organic honey and Ka't a refined Maya clay; the wrap will renew the bride's skin natural balance, leaving it with a beautiful, healthy, smooth glow. Spa pedicure and manicure are next. Ixchel ends with a light cucumber or fruit facial and a soft lip gloss to grace the natural beauty in you. Beauty and grace are the spirit of this Spa treatment, individually tailored to meet each bride's personal needs.
¤ Complete ritual lasts 1 hour 45 minutes. Can be extended to meet each bride's beauty needs and choices.
- Zumpul che- Maya Sacred Cave & Sweat-bath Ancient Maya Ceremony to Purify Body, Mind, and Spirit
- Breath-taking views of Chichen Itza temples embrace the Mayan jungle of our Zumpul-che Cave. Archeologists at the ancient Maya city of Chichen Itza have excavated buildings of great interest in the history of massage - the royal Maya zumpul-che (sweat-bath purification), a sacred ceremonial cave or temple to purify mind, body and soul. Aztecs practiced similar purification rituals at a Temazcal.
- This ceremony requires a group of eight to ten participants and confirmed request at least a day in advance. Zumpul-che starts with the oil anointing of each participant and mystic rhythmic sounds of Caracol calls. Mayan herbal vapor heats the cave during each zumpul-che Maya ceremony. This cleansing ceremony has the natural, beneficial effects and purification properties of fire and water to purify the physical body and mind from toxic energies. The ceremony ends with a mineral & herbal infusion.
¤ Ritual lasts 50 minutes.