Frequently Asked Questions - Zamna Guesthouse, Tulum beach, Mexico
- Are there kayaks to use?
- Is there a stereo?
Yes a portable one with a CD player. Ipod speakers
- Is there shade on the beach?
Some. There are two shade palapas for guests to use.
- Are there beach chairs?
Yes, wooden sling back chairs. Lounge chairs.
- Are there board games and paperback books available?
- Are there caretakers on site?
Yes. They have separate living quarters.
- Does this villa have regular electricity?
The villa is solar powered and yes it generally has electric 24/7. However guests cannot use curling irons, blow driers, microwave ovens, since they pull too much power.
- How far is this villa from the Cancun airport?
The villa is about 1 hr and 30 minutes from the airport.
- Is a rental car required?
Yes, this villa is in a remote location and there is no public transportation.
- Are there stores for shopping near by?
Several convenience stores are on the beach road. The closest large grocery store is Chedraui on the Tulum beach access (Coba Rd) before you get to the intersection and traffic light of Hwy 307 and the Coba Rd. It is recommended to stock up there.
- Are there restaurants within walking distance?
Many restaurants within walking distance, some reviewed in the NYTimes (Hartwood). A car will allow you to go out to dinner at the many good restaurants and food carts in Tulum.
- If we only rent part of the guesthouse will the other rooms be rented out?
Yes there is that possibility. Generally we prefer to rent the villa as a whole instead of by the room.
- How is the beach?
Beautiful, and you can walk for a mile or more in either direction. To the south you can enter Sian Kaan Biosphere with miles of deserted beach.
- Is safety an issue?
The villa is in a remote area, so you need to use common sense such as locking doors when you leave, at night or when you are on the beach. The villa provides secure windows with mahogany louvers barring entry from all but the cool sea breeze.
- Are all the bedrooms accessible from the inside of the house?
No, the ground floor bedrooms have exterior entrances and may not be suitable for families with small children.
- Are beach towels provided?
Yes. As well as beach toys and boogie boards.
- Is there TV service?
- Is there an iron and ironing board?