Riviera Maya/ Yucatan Peninsula points of interest and vacation rentals can now be seen on Google Earth!
Below you have the opportunity to download a special file for Google Earth that will allow you to surf Locogringo.com's content on Google Earth! This file downloads in seconds and was generated by Google software that is free on the Internet. It is intended to be used with Google Earth and will not harm your computer or your Google Earth program.
Don't have Google Earth? Click here and download it free from Google (for Mac and PC).
- To download the file click "Download LocoGringo Google Earth Add-on Now" above.
- When the pop-up window appears select "Open with Google Earth".
- Google Earth will open automatically. It installs in a few seconds. You are done. It's that easy.
After the Add-on file downloads and Google Earth's initial view appears the view may shift to the Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico. For the Yucatan Peninsula you will see many new interactive location names and links. When clicked these location links may open new windows and perhaps your Internet browser. Many of these links access locogringo.com webpages. Others open new Google content. Just click the links and see where you go! It's fun, educational and perfectly safe.
- To filter your view:
- In Google Earth, look at the left sidebar contents and find the heading "Places". Under this heading you will see My Places and Temporary Places. Under Temporary Places there will be a list of options with check-boxes on the left and clickable "+" or "-" symbols. Click "+" expand your viewing options and "-" to collapse them. Check or un-check options to make them visible or invisible on Google Earth.
- Hide or Show, all or just some of the Locogringo content
- In the left sidebar, under the "Places" heading, simply un-check or check the box next to the Locogringo option.
- With all the Locogringo options checked at once there is too much information! So un-check the Locogringo option, then selectively check or un-check the individual options under it. Click some of the "+" signs to see all the options.
- Closing Google Earth
- Google Earth will most likely give you the option to save the Locogringo file in My Places or leave it in Temporary Places, or not save it at all. Whatever you decide, you can always return to this page to download the file if you wish.
- Delete all the Locogringo content from your Google Earth?
- Simply right-click the Locogringo option under the "Places" heading. Select delete content and it will be deleted. Then right-click the Locogringo option again and select delete. Now it is totally gone. You can always download it again if you wish.